MATERIAL INFORMATION AND USE: STAIRS, FLOORS, DOORS AND OTHER WOODEN ELEMENTS
Wood is a natural, non-homogenous and anisotropic material which means that:
- it consists of different, differently shaped constituent elements
- it has different physico-chemical properties in different directions (radial, tangential and longitudinal).
Wood is a hygroscopic material which means that depending on the climatic conditions (air temperature and humidity) and structural conditions it releases or absorbs vapour from ambient air throughout the period of use. Along with releasing or absorbing vapour (humidity in the range of 0 – 30%) its dimensions change – wood shrinks and swells.
The array of cells in wood causes the largest dimensional changes in the static direction, 1.7 times greater than in the radial direction. This difference in contraction is the cause of wood deformation that having the desired humidity (6-12% for apartments) and a simple linear dimensions may show slight deformation, cracks, undulations under the influence of air parameter changes over the seasons.
Considering the above, it is advised to maintain constant indoor air and humidity parameters.
RECOMMENDED OPTIMUM TEMPERATURE – 20°C. RECOMMENDED OPTIMUM HUMIDITY – 50%
These air parameters correspond to the equivalent humidity (of hygroscopic materials) 9%.
It is also advisable to avoid sun exposure – additional thermal factor.
Exploitation of wooden elements both in too high or too low temperatures and humidity can result in the occurance of stress (too rapid humidity change in the material + exposure to thermal factor) which may lead to cracking, deformation, cupping and occurance of gaps between the elements. Failure to comply with the recommended conditions of use cannot and are not subject to the warranty.
Please note that at a constant humidity temperature increase causes a decrease in balanced moisture of wood.
It is unacceptable to place a radiator or other heat source or moisture under the stairs..
- Avoid water (immediately wipe dry any spills). Do not use general purpose chemical cleaners, detergents and solvents.
- Use cream wax. Dust can be wiped gently with a damp cloth. Do not leave traces of water.
- Use only soft shoes (walking in high-heeled shoes is forbidden). The varnish is not immune to scratches caused by sand (quarz, etc. that may be under the footwear).
- Do not walk on the stairs and floors in footwear used outdoors.
Any wood dents and scratches on the varnish that occured through use are not subject to complaint.
THE PERIOD OF WARRANTY IS 2 YEARS.
During the warranty period any defects resulting from the fault of:
- the contractor – are removed free of charge
- the user – are removed if they are paid in full